Saturday 30th June Lints Tor

The weather forecast was for showers in the afternoon and not the moring - and how wrong that was. I started from the car park at Meldon reservoir and round the northern side of the reservoir.

Black Tor in the distance.

Looking back to the dam.

Vellake Corner...

...into the valley of the West Okement River.

Black Tor to the left.

The going got a bit harder here with boggy bits and lots of surface water.

I arrived at Black Tor Copse just in time to shelter from the first heavy shower.  Whilst waiting I was joined by Ken who was doing a reckee for a rambling group so we continued up the valley together.

Lints Tor in the far distance.


We parted at this point and Ken went across Sandy Ford up to Kitty Tor and I continued up to Lints Tor.

Lints Tor appears

Across to Fur Tor

The view back down the valley - which I hadn't been in for about 25 years.

Lints Tor (224)

Looking back to Lints Tor and Kitty Tor in the distance.  Next stop was Dinger Tor and just as I got to it there was another very heavy shower which seemed to go on for ages - full waterproofs were needed and I set off for High Willhayes where it started raining again.

The surface water beside High Willhayes with Yes Tor in the distance.

At last it eased and I went down to Black Tor (225)

From Black Tor looking down to Vellake Corner where I had been 3 hours earlier.

I took the usual route down - over Homerton Hill and back to the car.

1 comment: