Friday 18th May Three Barrows


These two lambs had somehow got separated from their mother by a gate.  I sorted it all out - of course I  didn't get any thanks - they all ran off in a huff!


A grey day with a strong cold wind - setting off from Harford Moor Gate.  Really hate the road to the start - so narrow.









I headed up to the old railway line and then Sharp Tor (176) came into view


Back across to the railway line to meet this walker.  He was doing the Two Moors Way.  He  had started on Monday and had made really good progress.













Next across to Three Barrows (177).  There isn't a tor here just three large cairns.  Due to the lie of the land it is impossible to get all three in one photograph.  It is thought that there might be a tor underneath the cairns.


Over to Wacka Tor (178).  Not a single tor but a scattering of outcrops.

Back to the car and a very short drive to Harford Bridge and into this lovely woodland next to the River Erme...

...where there were lots of bluebells - the best I have seen this year.

I followed the path for a while before turning up the steep slope until I came to Tristis Rock (179).


There was a different path to get down so I returned to the car by an easier route.

No comments:

Post a Comment