Saturday 20th August - Shell Top (revisited)

We didn't quite follow the right route on Wednesday evening and I was not happy with the route that Kevin and I had followed after we left the others so I wanted to better understand the detail of the area.  I have walked all of this before but it is a while since I did that.

Big Pond

Looking into the quarry

The end of the track beside the 'dyke' Trowlesworthy Tor in the distance.

The other end of the dyke below Penn Beacon. There are only a couple of places where you could easily cross this particularly if there was a lot more water in it.

The cairn on the way up to Penn Beacon.

Penn Beacon, the trig point and Shell Top in the distance.

Penn Beacon

Shell Top

I followed the track down from Shell Top directly to Trowlesworthy Tor. The track takes a direct line between the two and it does take you into this very boggy area. This little pond is marked on the map and the track takes you right next to it. I have been here before and didn't like it then either!

From the same spot looking toward Trowlesworthy Tor

No comments:

Post a Comment