Wednesday 17th June

Starting from Combestone Tor on a sunny evening with a warm wind


Down past the idyllic Combestone Farm   Alongside the leat with Yar Tor in the distance and then along the footpath towards Venford Reservoir.

The view across the Dart Valley with Sharp Tor on the left.

We followed the track down below the reservoir and then up to Bench Tor for the coffe stop.

Along the long line of rocks that make up Bench Tor - past the friendly locals......

...and around the bottom of the reservoir to find the stone rows as the light faded.

On to the Two Bridges hotel.  With Stella, Mike, John, Kevin and Brenda



2 comments:

  1. I do enjoy your blog as I am a regular walker of the moor myself. I walk with a U3A group from Gunnislake and we are always looking for new routes or variants of old ones. Do you ever do maps of your walks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apologies for the delay in publishing your comment and replying. Thank you very mucy for your comment. I have investigated putting os route maps on here but have met problmes from Ordnance Survey in doing this. I will have another look into this. I would like to do it because the route is always tracked on my gps

      Delete