Sunday 19th April Tavy Cleave

A lovely sunny Sunday afternoon. I parked at Lane End and the plan was to go into Tavy Cleave from the other side of the river - a route I haven't walked before.

I walked back along the road and too the Lych Way  past Higher Willsworthy farm and down to...

 ...the longest wooden footbrige on Dartmoor...

...and followed the narrow strip of moorland alongside the river. The gorse out and at its best.  Probably better this year than I can remember.

I followed the wall north on the east side of Standon Hill. The Tavy came into view. Nat Tor is extreme left with Ger Tor in the middle.

I contoured northwards to this prominant rock (which is not named) on the opposite side of the valley to Ger Tor

Onwards towards where the river  turns into the Cleave and fine view down.  Sharp Tor is the more dominant Tor with Tavy Cleave Tors behind.

Down to the river for this view of the little waterfalls.

Then across to the other side for the alternative view.

I headed back using the more route on the western side of the river. Ger Tor in the distance.

On to the leat to follow this all the way out.

No comments:

Post a Comment