Wednesday 10th December Hart Tor

The forecast was for heavy showers and there was a particularly heavy shower in the hour before the walk started so our expectation was for more of these. As it turned out we had near perfect conditions for most of the walk with bright sunshine, a cool breeze and just the occasional drops of rain. Eleven of us at the start from Norsworthy Bridge .We took the footpath up to the leat.....


....and followed this out to the open moor.

Terry's dog Sonny was not behaving so Terry left us to do his own thing.
Past the aqueduct and then on to...

....Black Tor falls, with Hart Tor in the distance.

Across the stream and up to Hart Tor.
We took our break here.  The grey pony was very inquisitive - probably wanting some of our rations. Our next stop was South Hessary Tor which can just be seen in the distance on the horizon to the right of the brown pony. I have walked across here before on night time walks and there are some very wet and boggy bits in between.  It was good to be able to see the track which leads across and to follow that.

From South Hessary Tor we headed to the trig point on Cramber Hill, then a short distance to the old mine workings known as Cramber Tor Pool.

On to Cramber Tor and then....  .


...down to

....Crazy Well Pool.

Across to Raddick Lane and back to the start.

Seven of us went on to the Devon Torrs for lunch.

With Jon, Pete, Kath, Peter, Sandra, Anne, David, Bill, John and Terry

4 comments:

  1. Hello, can I ask; if I wanted to visit the Black Tor falls, where would be a good place to park? Also, if I was to park there, are you able to direct me on which was to walk and what to look out for on my way to the falls?

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tomo1475 apologies for the delay in replying. The little waterfall is just below Black Tor. Black Tor is visible from the road. Just above it and just below Leedon Tor there is a convenient layby where you could park. If this is full you could always use the large car park below Leedon Tor. When you get to Black Tor just follow the path down to the river and the waterfall is just downstream,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michael, thanks for the reply. I went to Black Tor today, but unfortunately I think I parked in the wrong place and the path I took didn't lead me to the right place.

      I asked someone and they told me the whole area was Black Tor. But when I looked around, there were three mounds with rocks on. I was along the higher road between Yelverton and Princetown, where all the animals walk freely.

      Was I close to the right place?

      Delete
  3. Hi Michael, I also spoke to someone today, and they told me I should have gone towards the Burrator Reservior? Is this right?

    There is a road called Burrator road, which is near Norsworthy Bridge? I would have thought that was too far? I am certain I was in the right place when I went on Monday...but for some reason could not find the falls.

    ReplyDelete