Tuesday 15th July Crow Tor

A beautiful sunny summers afternoon.  The temperature when I started the walk was 20C and there was a gentle cooling breeze.  Starting from Two Bridges and just for a change I didn't follow the lane out but went straight up heading directly for Crockern Tor.

This was the view as the moor opened up looking down the valley of the West Dart River.  Wistman's wood is almost dead ahead.

I headed over to Crockern Tor and then followed the ridge line to....

....Littaford Tor.

On along the ridge to Longaford Tor.  I had seen the pony on the outcrop of the tor for some time and...

...it was obvious to me that it had got itself stuck here.  I went up to see if there was an easy way down and gently moved the pony in the right direction to get him off.



















Longaford Tor with Higher White Tor in the distance.

Looking down on Powdermills, the Gunpowder factory where you can see the chimney and out building.  In front of it is the Powdermills bog and just behind is Bellever Tor.

I was headed over to Crow Tor.

From Crow Tor looking towards Beardown Tors.  There are three separate tors which together are called Beardown Tors.  They are quite well spread out which is not obvious from this shot.

Looking back to Longaford Tor

Looking back at Crow Tor - not a typical shaped tor - all a bit untidy!

Back down to re-cross the West Dart.

Wistman's Wod ahead my route was around the left of it.

A final view looking back over Wistman's Wood to Crow Tor