Tuesday 12th November Staple Tors

I wasn't able to join the usual Tuesday walk this morning but I was able to get out by myself later in the afternoon.

Starting from the car park at Pork Hill this is the route up - a bit steeper than it looks from here.  This is one of my favourite 'shorter' walks. 

Near the top the view across to Brent Tor...


...then the other way across to Staple Tors and Great Mis Tor in the distance...


...and north towards Great Links Tor.

Going down the other side with the dew pond in view.

Looking across to Foggintor

Boulters Tor on Smeardon Down

I went down around and came up to the back of Roos Tor.  Great Staple Tor in the distance.
























The moon was coming up over North Hessary Tor - I was surprised the camera was able to pick up the craters on the moon.

I had planned to arrive at Great Staple Tor to capture the sun going down and there was another guy there doing the same thing.

The changing light.

This is about 15 minutes before sunset which was quite spectacular at this point but it fizzled out a little as the sun got lower.

1 comment: